Monday, April 4, 2011

Yummy Spring and Easter Projects


Debbie used our new Bunny design by Judy Stark cut two pieces. One for the front . Mirrored the other for the back. She glued a toothpick in between to stick in the cupcake.

His little pop kut bow is adds so much to him. Bunny #008.



Gift Jar and Matching Candy Wrapper by Debbie Grommet




Egg Shaped Easter Card

I thought it would be fun to create an egg shaped Easter card. I used the base egg shape from the Lattice Egg digital download and expanded it to approximately 4″ tall then cut it out. Using my scissors I simply hand cut the egg right across the center so it appeared to be “cracked”. Using a brad I pieced the egg back together so that it would close and the cracked edge would overlap slightly. I added some ribbon along the edge to decorate the outside. And here’s what it looks like opened…









For the inside, I cut and inked the Chick Peeker by Lisa Schmidt and tucked him in so that he appeared to be peeking out of the egg. I stamped the sentiment then hand cut it and glued it to a toothpick. The weight of the ribbon on the outside helps to keep the egg closed but if you’re concerned about the top falling or not staying put you can stick a little tiny glue dot or repositionable adhesive to keep it closed just right. This was a super easy little hinged card to create and will look so cute inside my kids baskets!! Think I’ll even make some for the teachers.
Thanks,
Katie
 










2 comments:

  1. Very cute Easter projects. I posted them over at craftsbyjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable everyone one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete